Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holidays In My Family

This is a paper I wrote for an assignment

Holidays In My Family

You may think Easter and Christmas is all about getting presents and candy. If you do, think again. They mean two totally different things to my family.

In my family, every Sunday we go to church, rain or shine. We wake up early to get there in time. But in my house, Christmas and Easter are special times.

Christmas Eve, we go to a service and hear the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. We hear about how Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem, and how the shepherds and Wise Men came to visit him. This year was special because Christmas Day was on a Sunday! That is how we celebrate Christmas.

Easter is also an important holiday in my family. Have you ever noticed Easter is always on a Sunday? Well, three days before Easter is when Jesus died to forgive all of our bad things we did. But on Easter he came back from the dead! That is how we celebrate Easter.

So whenever these holidays are here, think about them as holidays in disguise. (Don’t worry; we still opened presents and hunted for eggs.)

Written by Josephine Hope Moore

No comments: